- 1 regular size (6 inch) whole-wheat pita, split in half horizontally and cut into quarters
- 1/3 cup mild salsa, plus more for serving (optional)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese (2 ounces), such as cheddar or Monterey Jack
- Heat broiler, with rack set in top third of oven. Arrange pita pieces in a single layer, cut side up, on a baking sheet; dividing evenly, top each first with salsa, then cheese.
- Broil until cheese has melted and edges of pita are crisp, 2 to 4 minutes. Serve with extra salsa, if desired.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.