Warm Spinach and Chorizo Salad
Dried chorizo sausage adds a Spanish touch to this warm spinach side salad, which works well as an accompaniment to chicken, omelets, or seafood such as shrimp or any firm, white-fleshed fish.
Everyday Food, December 2010
- 1/2 baguette, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 bunch spinach, trimmed and washed
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 pound dried chorizo, cut into 1/2-inch half moons
- 1/2 cup jarred chestnuts, coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. On a rimmed baking sheet, arrange baguette pieces in a single layer and bake until croutons are golden, 5 to 7 minutes. Meanwhile, place spinach in a large bowl. In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium. Add chorizo and cook until fat is rendered and sausage is slightly crisp, 3 to 4 minutes. Add chopped chestnuts and cook 2 minutes. Add sherry vinegar, swirl to combine, and pour over spinach. Add croutons and toss well to combine. Serve immediately.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.