Chad Robertson of Tartine Bakery in San Francisco loves to dunk pieces of freshly baked bread into the bakery's vinaigrette, made with shallots and herbs.
Recipe and image reprinted with permission from "Tartine Bread," by Chad Robertson, with photographs by Eric Wolfinger.
Martha Stewart Living, January 2011
- Prep Time 5 minutes
- Total Time 5 minutes
Yield Makes 1/2 cup
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon grainy mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon each finely chopped fresh thyme and tarragon
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Whisk together shallot, mustard, lemon juice, vinegar, thyme, tarragon, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Gradually whisk in oil.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.