Chocolate-Glazed Raspberry Cream Puffs
For a festive presentation, use these chocolate puffs to top a holiday cake like our Jam-Filled Cake with Chocolate Glaze.
Everyday Food, December 2010
- Pastry Puffs (http://www.marthastewart.com/296863/pastry-puffs)
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 cup raspberry jam
- 1 tablespoon brandy (optional)
- 4 ounces semisweet or bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- Make 1 recipe large Pastry Puffs. Use a toothpick or skewer to make a 1/4-inch-wide hole in bottom of each puff. In a medium bowl, whip 1 cup heavy cream to firm peaks; fold in raspberry jam and brandy (if using). Transfer mixture to a large zip-top bag and snip a 1/4-inch opening in one corner. Place cut corner of bag in hole in puff and squeeze to fill puff with cream mixture. Place filled puffs, hole side down, on a rimmed baking sheet. (Refrigerate while you make the glaze.)
- In a medium heatproof bowl, combine chocolate and corn syrup. In a small saucepan, bring remaining 1/2 cup heavy cream just to a boil. Immediately pour over chocolate and let sit 2 minutes. Stir until mixture is smooth. Dip top half of each puff into chocolate glaze (or pour on top) and place, glaze side up, on baking sheet. Refrigerate, uncovered, 30 minutes (or up to 2 hours).
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.