- 2 cups <u>cooked kidney beans from Pot of Beans</u>
- 1 cup steamed jasmine or basmati rice
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1/3 cup shredded broccoli
- 2 tablespoons grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 recipe <u>flavor base from Pot of Beans</u>
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 12 small whole-wheat rolls, split
- Garnishes: Chili Mayonnaise (see below), lettuce, mango, red onion, and cilantro
- Pulse beans in a food processor until mixture resembles ground meat. Pulse in rice. Stir bean mixture in a bowl with carrot, broccoli, ginger, cilantro, and flavor base. Form into twelve 2 1/2-inch round patties (1/4 cup each). Cook in hot oil over medium-high heat until golden, about 3 minutes per side. Sandwich in rolls, adding garnishes.
For the Chili Mayonnaise: Stir together 3/4 cup mayonnaise, 1/2 teaspoon Asian chili paste (such as sambal oelek), and a dash of toasted-sesame oil.