These mini bean-and-veggie burgers take inspiration from Vietnamese banh mi sandwiches. Blended beans and rice are the basis of these sliders, which are supercharged with grated carrots, broccoli, and ginger. Top them with cilantro and sliced mango for the brightest burgers ever.
Martha Stewart Living, January 2011
- Prep Time 20 minutes
- Total Time 25 minutes
- Yield Makes 12
- 2 cups <u>cooked kidney beans</u>
- 1 cup steamed jasmine or basmati rice
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1/3 cup shredded broccoli
- 2 tablespoons grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 recipe <a href="/recipe/pot-of-beans">flavor base</a>
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 12 small whole-wheat rolls, split
- Garnishes: Chili Mayonnaise (see below), lettuce, mango, red onion, and cilantro
- Pulse beans in a food processor until mixture resembles ground meat. Pulse in rice. Stir bean mixture in a bowl with carrot, broccoli, ginger, cilantro, and flavor base. Form into twelve 2 1/2-inch round patties (1/4 cup each). Cook in hot oil over medium-high heat until golden, about 3 minutes per side. Sandwich in rolls, adding garnishes.
For the Chili Mayonnaise: Stir together 3/4 cup mayonnaise, 1/2 teaspoon Asian chili paste (such as sambal oelek), and a dash of toasted-sesame oil.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.