Chewy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
Everyday Food, September 2008
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Total Time 30 minutes, plus cooling
- Yield Makes 24
- 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats (not quick-cooking)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, (spooned and leveled)
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup packed dark-brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl, whisk together oats, flour, raisins, baking soda, and salt; set aside. Using an electric mixer, beat butter and sugars until light and fluffy, scraping down bowl as necessary. Add egg and vanilla; beat until combined. Gradually add oat mixture; beat just until combined.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls, 2 inches apart, onto two baking sheets. Bake until cookies are golden brown but still soft, 12 to 16 minutes, rotating sheets halfway through. Cool 5 minutes on sheets; transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.