Roasted Broccoli with Grated Manchego
Manchego makes a tasty topping for salads, pasta, and vegetable dishes.
Everyday Food, October 2006
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Total Time 35 minutes
- Serves 4
- 2 large heads broccoli (about 2 pounds total)
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- Coarse salt
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice (from 1/2 lemon)
- 1 ounce Manchego cheese, finely grated (1/3 cup)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Trim 1 inch from end of broccoli stalks. Cut off florets, and separate into large pieces. Using a vegetable peeler or paring knife, peel the outer layer of stalks; thinly slice crosswise.
- Divide broccoli (both stalks and florets), garlic, oil, and red-pepper flakes between two large rimmed baking sheets; season with salt. Roast until broccoli is crisp-tender and beginning to brown, 20 to 25 minutes, rotating sheets from top to bottom and tossing broccoli once halfway through.
- Remove from oven. Sprinkle broccoli with lemon juice; toss to coat. Serve, topped with Manchego.
Shave or grate the cheese when it's cold.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.