Roasted Turnips with Parmesan
Serve these turnip oven fries with roasted chicken, burgers, or mussels.
Everyday Food, December 2010
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Total Time 35 minutes
- Serves 4
- 2 pounds turnips (about 4 medium), peeled and cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan (1/2 ounce)
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees. On a rimmed baking sheet, combine turnips, cayenne, nutmeg, and oil. Season with salt and pepper and toss well to coat. Sprinkle with Parmesan and toss gently to combine. Arrange turnips in a single layer and roast until golden on both sides, 25 to 30 minutes, flipping halfway through.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.