Mandarin Italian Ice
Served here with crunchy Almond-Citrus Biscotti.
Martha Stewart Living, May 2009
Yield Makes about 1 quart
- 1/2 cup superfine sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely grated mandarin zest, or tangerine or orange zest
- 2 teaspoons Cointreau, Grand Marnier, or other orange-flavored liqueur (optional)
- 3 cups mandarin juice (from about 3 pounds mandarins), or tangerine or orange juice
- Bring sugar and water to a boil in a medium saucepan, stirring until sugar dissolves; let cool.
- Whisk cooled syrup, mandarin zest, and liqueur if desired, into juice. Chill for at least 1 hour. Freeze in an ice cream maker, according to manufacturer's directions.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.