Everyday Food, July/August 2006
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Total Time 1 hour 25 minutes
- Serves 6
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature, plus more for baking dish
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, (spooned and leveled)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 containers (1/2 pint each) raspberries (2 3/4 cups)
- Confectioners' sugar, for dusting (optional)
- Whipped cream, (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 2-quart oval or square baking dish. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar with an electric mixer until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition to combine. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, salt, and baking powder; with mixer on low speed, gradually add flour mixture until incorporated.
- Spread batter in baking dish. Scatter raspberries on top. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean and top is golden brown, 45 to 50 minutes. Let cool 20 minutes; dust with confectioners' sugar, if desired. With a large spoon, scoop out onto serving plates; serve with a dollop of whipped cream, if desired.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.