The bread is delicious on its own, or spread with creamy ricotta cheese. Try toasting the slices.
Everyday Food, September 2005
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Total Time 2 hours
- Serves 8
- 1/3 cup olive oil, plus more for pan
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled), plus more for pan
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese (about 4 ounces)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1/2 pound (about 1 medium) zucchini, coarsely grated
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Brush a 9-by-5-inch loaf pan (6-cup capacity) with oil; dust with flour, and tap out excess.
- In a small bowl, whisk oil, milk, and eggs. In a large bowl, whisk flour, Parmesan, baking powder, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; mix in zucchini, then egg mixture until just moistened (batter will be very thick, like biscuit dough).
- Transfer batter to prepared pan; press in gently. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 60 to 70 minutes (tent with foil if loaf starts to brown too quickly). Cool 15 minutes in pan; turn out loaf onto a rack to cool completely.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.