- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 6 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 pounds skinless boneless chicken breast, cut into 3/4-inch strips
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups fresh bread crumbs or Panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
- Sweet and Sour Dipping Sauce (http://www.marthastewart.com/254931/sweet-and-sour-dipping-sauce)
- Carrot sticks
- Celery sticks
- Cucumber sticks
- Line a baking sheet with paper towels; set aside. Heat oil in a deep-fat fryer to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, salt, and pepper. Add chicken, and turn to coat.
- Remove chicken from egg mixture, and dredge in bread crumbs. Working in batches, carefully place dredged chicken into heated oil, and cook until golden brown, 4 to 5 minutes. Transfer to prepared baking sheet to drain. Sprinkle with salt. Serve with dipping sauce and vegetable sticks on the side.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.