Scallion Cornbread Muffins
Serve these cornbread muffins with our Buttermilk Chicken.
Everyday Food, June 2010
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, (spooned and leveled)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 large egg, whisked
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Lightly grease 6 cups of a standard-size muffin pan with vegetable oil. In a large bowl,
combine cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Make a well in the center; stir in buttermilk, oil, egg, and scallions. Fill muffin cups two-thirds full and bake until a toothpick inserted in center of a muffin comes out clean, 10 to 13 minutes.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.