Herbed Spaghetti with Butter
Whole-wheat pasta is just what it sounds like -- pasta made using the whole grain of wheat, which gives it a slight nutty taste. Because the bran and germ have not been removed, whole-wheat pasta is high in fiber.
Everyday Food, May 2006
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Total Time 20 minutes
- Serves 4
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1/2 pound thin whole-wheat spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh herbs, such as parsley, tarragon, and chives
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta until al dente according to package instructions. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup pasta water. Return pasta to pot.
- Stir in butter, lemon zest, juice, and herbs; season with salt and pepper. Add some of the reserved pasta water to adjust consistency, if needed. Serve.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.