Emeril's Oven-Roasted Chicken Wings
These chicken wings are easy to make and fun to eat with kids.
Everyday Food, July/August 2010
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Total Time 35 minutes
- Yield Serves 6 to 8
- 4 pounds chicken wings, cut in half at joint (wing tips removed)
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (from 2 lemons)
- 1 tablespoon ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- Blue cheese or ranch dressing, or barbecue sauce, for dipping
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with foil. In a large bowl, toss chicken wings with lemon juice. Add pepper, garlic and onion powders, and salt. Add thyme, crushing it between your fingers as you go. Add cayenne and melted butter. Stir mixture thoroughly, then arrange wings in one layer on baking sheet.
- Cook 20 minutes, then rotate sheet and flip wings. Cook until wings are browned and cooked through, 10 minutes. Serve with desired dipping sauce.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.