Prosciutto and Arugula Pizza
This recipe was brought to us by chef and restaurateur Pino Luongo.
Martha Stewart Living, September 2002
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for pans and drizzling
- Pino's Pizza Dough (http://www.marthastewart.com/254548/pinos-pizza-dough)
- 6 ounces fresh mozzarella, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 10 very thin slices (about 1/4 pound) prosciutto di Parma
- 10 leaves arugula (about 1 ounce), well washed and dried
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees. Lightly oil two 14-inch pizza pans; set aside.
- Divide dough in half. Cover one half with plastic wrap while working with the other. Working on a lightly floured surface, use fingers to flatten and stretch half the dough into a rough 8-inch circle. Transfer to one of the prepared pans or onto a pizza peel. Continue pressing dough outward until it just fits inside rim of pan or reaches almost to the edge of the stone. Dough should be less than 1/4 inch thick. Drizzle with olive oil. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Sprinkle each pizza with half the mozzarella. Transfer both to oven, and bake until golden and crusty, 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from oven, and top with prosciutto and arugula. Drizzle with olive oil. Serve immediately.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.