Brown-Sugar Panna Cotta
This recipe from Chika Tillman of ChikaLicious dessert bar is made with Granny Smith Apple Sorbet and Calvados Gelee.
The Martha Stewart Show, January Winter 2009
- 2 1/2 sheets gelatin
- 1/2 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 2 3/4 cups plus 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- <u>Granny Smith Apple Sorbet</u>, for serving
- <u>Calvados Gelee</u> cubes, for serving
- 1 1/4 cups prosecco, for serving
- Prepare an ice-water bath and set a medium bowl over it. Place gelatin in a bowl filled with enough cold water to completely cover; let soften.
- In a small saucepan, heat sugar and 1 cup plus 3 tablespoons heavy cream over medium heat, stirring, until sugar is dissolved. Strain gelatin through a fine mesh sieve. Add gelatin to sugar mixture, along with remaining 1 3/4 cups heavy cream; stir to combine.
- Strain into bowl set over ice-water bath to cool. Transfer mixture to a 1-quart container and refrigerate panna cotta until set.
- Place two tablespoons panna cotta in each of 10 bowls. Garnish with sorbet and gelee cubes. Pour 2 tablespoons prosecco into each bowl and serve immediately.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.