Everyday Food, October 2005
- Prep Time 20 minutes
- Total Time 45 minutes
- Serves 4
- 3 pounds apples, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices (try a combination of Gala, Golden Delicious, and McIntosh)
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 to 4 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- In a large saucepan, combine apples, cranberries, cinnamon stick, sugar, and water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover, and simmer, stirring occasionally, until apples are tender, 30 to 35 minutes. (If sauce begins to stick to the bottom of the pan, add 2 to 4 tablespoons more water.)
- Remove from heat; discard cinnamon stick. Stir in lemon juice.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.