Serve your holiday guests this tasty cocktail from Danny Meyer's "Mix Shake Stir" (2009; Little, Brown and Company).
Also try: Modern Old-Fashioned, Mortoni
The Martha Stewart Show, December 2009
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Drunken Cranberries (http://www.marthastewart.com/256925/drunken-cranberries), plus 1 ounce of their liquid
- Crushed ice
- Ice cubes
- 2 ounces dark rum, such as Gosling's
- 1 ounce freshly squeezed lime juice
- Thread 1/2 tablespoon cranberries onto a small skewer; set aside. Place a small amount of crushed ice in a chilled martini glass. Add remaining tablespoon cranberries; set aside.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice cubes. Add rum, cranberry liquid, and lime juice. Cover and shake vigorously to combine; strain into prepared glass. Garnish with skewered cranberries and serve immediately.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.