- 1 can (19 ounces) chickpeas
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 pinch of freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala, dried oregano, or ground cumin
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Drain, rinse, and pat dry chickpeas. Toss chickpeas in a bowl with olive oil, salt, pepper, and either garam masala (an Indian blend), dried oregano, or ground cumin.
- Arrange them in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet, and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned and just beginning to crisp, about 50 minutes. Serve at room temperature.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.