Provencal Green Salad
Avoid hunger between destinations: Take a simple, protein-packed green salad along on your travels.
Also Try: Travel Tabbouleh
The Martha Stewart Show, February 2010
- 2 small red new potatoes
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 pound green beans, trimmed and cut into thirds
- 1/4 cup oil-cured black olives, such as Moroccan
- 1 rib celery, thinly sliced on the bias
- 1 hard-boiled egg, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped fresh dill
- 1 (7.76-ounce) jar Italian olive oil-packed tuna
- Caper Vinaigrette (http://www.marthastewart.com/258239/caper-vinaigrette)
- Place potatoes in a medium saucepan with enough water to cover; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Immediately reduce heat to a simmer; cook until potatoes are easily pierced with the tines of a fork, about 15 minutes. Drain, cool, and cut into quarters.
- Meanwhile, bring a medium saucepan of salted water to a boil over high heat. Prepare an ice-water bath; set aside.
- Add green beans to boiling water and cook until tender, about 4 minutes. Immediately transfer to ice-water bath to cool; drain.
- Place potatoes, green beans, olives, celery, egg, dill, and tuna in a large bowl. Add vinaigrette and toss to combine; season with salt and pepper.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.