Chicken Breasts Stuffed with White Beans
Martha Stewart Living, October 2008
- 1 cup canned cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped mixed olives
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 boneless, skin-on chicken breast halves (about 8 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Using a fork, mash beans, garlic, and olives in a medium bowl until chunky. Season with pepper, and salt if desired (taste before adding salt).
- Using a paring knife, create a pocket in the center of each chicken breast by inserting the tip into the thickest part and cutting a horizontal opening, leaving about 1 inch uncut on each end. (Be careful not to cut all the way through.) Using a spoon, stuff cup bean mixture into each pocket.
- Pour oil into a large ovenproof dish, and arrange breasts in a single layer, skin side up, turning to coat with oil. Season with salt and pepper, and roast until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part registers 160 degrees, 35 to 40 minutes. Serve immediately.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.