Your family will love this no-fuss gravy for Thanksgiving. For a turkey how-to, see Turkey 101.
The Martha Stewart Show, November 2009
- Giblet Stock (http://www.marthastewart.com/263075/giblet-stock)
- 1 tablespoon Wondra flour
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- Remove turkey from roasting pan; let stand for 30 minutes. Pour pan juices from roasting pan into a fat separator. Let stand until fat rises to the surface.
- Place roasting pan over medium-high heat; add 1 cup giblet stock. Using a wooden spoon, scrape up browned bits from bottom of pan until liquid comes to a boil.
- Place 2 cups stock and flour in a small jar or container with a tight lid. Cover and shake until well combined; pour into roasting pan. Stir to combine and return to a boil. Cook until gravy is reduced and thickened.
- Add defatted pan juices and cook until heated through; season with salt and pepper. Strain and keep warm until ready to serve.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.