Brown Sugar-Glazed Bacon
Cooking bacon on racks set over baking sheets promotes even cooking and allows the fat to drain off as it renders. Line the sheets with parchment paper for easy cleanup.
Everyday Food, May 2004
- Prep Time 5 minutes
- Total Time 35 minutes
- Yield Serves 8
- 16 slices (about 1 pound) bacon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground pepper
- 1/3 cup firmly packed light-brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two 10-by-15-inch rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper; place a wire rack on top of each sheet. Arrange bacon in a single layer on the two racks. Evenly sprinkle with pepper and sugar.
- Bake until bacon is crisp and browned, rotating sheets halfway through, 30 to 35 minutes. Pat dry with paper towels.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.