Thanksgiving-Leftovers Shepherd's Pie
Next-day leftovers can be enjoyed all at once when combined in a delicious take on shepherd's pie. To bake individual pies, use six ten-ounce ramekins, and reduce cooking time twenty to thirty minutes.
Martha Stewart Living, November 2003
- 3 cups cooked stuffing
- 1 cup cranberry sauce, plus more for topping (optional)
- 1 pound sliced cooked Roast Turkey With Sage (http://www.marthastewart.com/257664/roast-turkey-with-sage)
- 10 ounces glazed carrots, (or another leftover vegetable)
- 4 to 6 tablespoons gravy
- 3 to 4 cups mashed potatoes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a 9- to 10-inch pie plate, mound stuffing on bottom; layer with cranberry sauce, turkey, and carrots. Drizzle with gravy; spread potatoes over surface to sides of dish. Top with more cranberry sauce, if desired.
- Place pie on a baking sheet, and bake until heated through and potatoes are golden, 35 to 40 minutes. Let cool slightly.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.