Flaky Tart Dough
This recipe for flaky tart dough is courtesy of Elisabeth Prueitt.
The Martha Stewart Show, September Summer 2007
- Yield Makes enough for two 9- or 10-inch tart shells
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup ice water
- 3 cups plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, plus more for work surface
- 1 cup (2 sticks) plus 5 tablespoons very cold unsalted butter, cut into 1-inch pieces
- In a small bowl, mix together salt and water. Keep very cold until ready to use.
- Place flour and butter in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse briefly until mixture forms large crumbs. Add the salt water mixture and continue pulsing until a dough has just formed but is not smooth.
- On a lightly floured work surface, evenly divide dough. Form each piece of dough into a disk about 1 inch thick. Wrap each disk with plastic wrap and chill at least 2 hours and up to overnight.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.