Valentine Heart People
Give a little Valentine's Day sparkle to any room with decorative glittered heart figurines made from clay.
The Martha Stewart Show, February 2011
- Using a rolling pin, roll out clay to 3/8 inch thick between two pieces of parchment paper. Cut 2-inch heart shapes from clay with a cookie cutter.
- Form a 1- to 1 1/2-inch round mound of clay, flat at the bottom, to make the base. Let clay shapes dry overnight.
- Paint the base with glue and sprinkle with glitter.
- Cut wrapped floral wire into three 3 1/2-inch pieces. Stick two pieces of floral wire into heart to form legs. Stick floral wire through middle of heart to form arms.
- Cut a shorter piece of floral wire and push into top of heart to form the neck.
- Print picture; punch out face with round punch. Use hot glue to attach face to floral wire "neck." Affix a heart punched from glittered or decorative paper to back of face with more hot glue.
- Insert legs into glittered base. Adorn arms and embellish base with various items, attaching with hot glue. Use more hot glue to attach the base to a 2-inch decorative paper round.
- Rolling pin
- DECO soft clay
- Parchment paper
- 2-inch heart-shaped cookie cutter
- Craft glue
- 18- to 22-gauge white wrapped floral wire
- Wire cutters
- Photograph of loved one
- Photo or matte white paper
- Round craft punch
- Hot-glue gun and hot-glue sticks
- Heart craft punch
- Decorative paper
- Embellishments and stickers
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.