Late Summer Fruits in Rose
If you cannot find pluots, a plum-apricot hybrid, you can substitute more plums.
Martha Stewart Living, September 2005
- 3 plums
- 3 pluots
- 1/2 bottle (about 2 cups) dry rose
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 pint (about 1 cup) blackberries
- 1/2 pint (about 1 1/3 cups) raspberries
- Prepare an ice-water bath. Score an X on the bottom of each plum. Bring a medium saucepan of water to a simmer. Add plums; cook until skins begin to loosen at the X, about 1 minute (less if fruit is very ripe). Transfer to ice-water bath to cool. Remove skins; discard. Halve each plum to remove pit; cut each half into wedges. Repeat process with pluots.
- Whisk wine, sugar, and 1 cup cold water in a large bowl until sugar has dissolved. Stir in plums, pluots, and berries. Refrigerate 1 hour. Divide chilled fruit and wine mixture among 6 bowls.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.