- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 bunch (3 ounces) baby arugula
- 1 head radicchio, halved, cored, and cut into 1 1/2-inch-wide strips
- 1/2 pound ripe fresh figs (about 8), stemmed and quartered
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- In a large bowl, whisk together oil and vinegar; season with salt and pepper. Add arugula, radicchio, figs, and pine nuts; toss to combine.
The prettiest fresh figs aren't always the tastiest. Perfectly ripe figs, which are plump and tender (but never mushy), are often slightly cracked, with a bit of "honey" forming at the stem. They're highly perishable, so use them right away, or refrigerate for up to 2 days.