Salpicon is a salsa-like filling or topping. This crab-jicama variety (right, in photo) comes from chef Rick Bayless, and it's part of his Cinco de Mayo guacamole bar. Get All the Recipes
The Martha Stewart Show, May 2010
- 8 ounces crab meat, picked over for stray bits of shell
- 1/3 small jicama, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch pieces (a heaping 1/2 cup)
- 3 scallions, trimmed and cut crosswise into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Coarse salt
- In a medium bowl, mix together crab meat, jicama, scallions, cilantro, and lime juice; season with about 1/2 teaspoon salt. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.