Poached Salmon with Green Goddess Dressing
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 6 whole black peppercorns
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 cup dry white wine (optional)
- 4 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- Green Goddess Dressing (http://www.marthastewart.com/282004/green-goddess-dressing)
- In a medium skillet, combine the onion, carrot, celery, peppercorns, bay leaves, and wine. Add enough water to come 1 1/2 inches up side of skillet. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes.
- Season salmon fillets with salt and pepper, and place in skillet. Cover; simmer 5 minutes. Remove from heat, let stand until fillets are opaque, 8 to 10 minutes. Serve warm or chilled with dressing.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.