Lollipop Garden Cake
Martha Stewart Baby, Winter
- 1 recipe Carrot Cake (http://www.marthastewart.com/282558/carrot-cake)
- 1 recipe Cream Cheese Frosting (http://www.marthastewart.com/282956/cream-cheese-frosting)
- Tint 2 cups frosting light green, and tint the remainder dark green; chill at least 3 hours. Place bottom layer on cake round; use small offset spatula to spread 1 1/2 cups dark-green frosting over top. Add second layer; spread 1 1/2 cups dark-green frosting in a thin layer over entire cake. Refrigerate 40 minutes until frosting is firm.
- Place cake on rotating cake stand; spread another layer of dark-green frosting over cake. Fill a pastry bag, fitted with a #113 tip, with light-green frosting. Place tip at base of cake; pipe elongated varying sizes of leaves up sides of cake. Chill at least one hour before serving.
- Just before serving, insert lollipop sticks in cake.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.