The sausage patties can be shaped ahead and refrigerated overnight; let stand for 30 minutes before cooking.
Martha Stewart Living, February 2008
- Yield Makes about 20
Serves 8 to 10
- 2 pounds ground chicken
- 1/4 cup finely chopped shallot
- 1 medium garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh sage
- 1/4 cup finely shredded carrot
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 to 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Chutney, for serving
- Using 2 forks, gently combine chicken, shallot, garlic, sage, carrot, mustard, salt, and pepper. Loosely shape mixture into 2-inch patties (about 1/2 inch thick), being careful to not overwork. Place sausage patties on a baking sheet.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Working in batches, cook sausage patties until cooked through and golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Add more oil to skillet between batches as needed. Serve warm with chutney.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.