Melon with Lime Syrup
Lime syrup adds tang to watermelon and cantaloupe.
Martha Stewart Living, September 1997
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 cantaloupe, peeled and seeded
- 1 pound piece of watermelon, without the rind
- 1 tablespoon small fresh mint leaves, for garnish
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar and 1/2 cup water; place over medium-high heat. Bring just to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer, and cook until syrup has thickened slightly, about 15 minutes. Remove from heat, stir in lime juice, and chill in an ice-water bath.
- Meanwhile, cut the melons into attractive 1/4-inch-thick slices. Transfer to a serving dish, drizzle with the cooled syrup, garnish with mint leaves, and serve immediately.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.