Perfect Nut Crust
This recipe for perfect nut crust is from "Entertaining," by Martha Stewart.
Yield Makes two 9-inch tarts or twelve 3-inch tarts
- 10 ounces finely chopped walnuts or almonds
- 1/2 pound (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 cups flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla or almond extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together all the ingredients until well blended, using an electric mixer or wooden spoon.
- Divide the mixture in half and press into 9-inch buttered springform tart pans; or press into twelve 3-inch tartlet pans. Chill for 30 minutes before baking for 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.