Chocolate-Glazed Shortbread Fingers
This recipe for chocolate-glazed shortbread fingers can be found in Season's Eatings along with the following: Basic Shortbread,
Lemon-Poppy Seed Glazed Balls,
Black-and-White Triangles, and Candied Ginger Shortbread Wedges.
The Martha Stewart Show, December Fall 2008
Yield Makes about 18 fingers
- 1 batch Basic Shortbread (http://www.marthastewart.com/283387/basic-shortbread)
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 4 teaspoons safflower oil
- Prepare basic shortbread. Form dough into a disk; wrap in plastic, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour (or overnight). Roll out to a 1/2-inch thickness. Cut into 1-by-3-inch rectangles; refrigerate for 20 minutes. Bake on a cookie sheet until firm and just starting to color, 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool completely.
- Make glaze: Coarsely chop semisweet chocolate; melt in a heatproof bowl set over (not in) a pan of hot but not boiling water, stirring with a wooden spoon. Stir in safflower oil (for gloss). Remove from heat, and let cool 10 minutes. Dip 1/3 of each cookie into chocolate glaze, and transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet. Refrigerate until glaze is set, about 10 minutes. Cookies can be stored, in single layers between waxed or parchment paper, in airtight containers at room temperature for 1 week.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.