Rib Eye Steaks with Sauteed Green Beans and Tomatoes
Everyday Food, September 2009
- Prep Time 25 minutes
- Total Time 25 minutes
- Serves 4
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 boneless rib eye steaks, 1/2 inch thick (1 1/2 pounds total)
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 3/4 pound green beans, trimmed
- 3 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 3/4 pound tomatoes, cut into 1-inch chunks
- In a large skillet, heat oil over high. Season both sides of steaks generously with salt and pepper. In two batches, cook steaks 1 1/2 minutes per side for medium-rare; transfer to a plate and tent with foil to keep warm.
- Pour off all but 1 tablespoon fat from skillet; return skillet to medium heat. Add green beans and saute until beginning to brown, about 3 minutes; add garlic and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, until garlic is fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add tomatoes and cook 1 minute. Cover and cook until tomatoes break down and create a sauce, about 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Serve steak with green beans and tomatoes.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.