Sweet Revenge ''Pure'' Buttercream
This recipe for delicious buttercream is courtesy of Marlo Scott of Sweet Revenge and should be paired with Sweet Revenge's "Pure" Cupcakes.
The Martha Stewart Show, January Winter 2009
Yield Makes enough for 24 cupcakes
- 1 1/4 cups (2 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 6 tablespoons vegetable shortening
- 10 cups (from about two and a half 1-pound boxes) confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons Mexican vanilla
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat together butter and shortening. Add sugar, and beat to combine. Add milk and vanilla, and beat until well combined.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.