Honey-Roasted Salted Figs
Martha Stewart Living, December 2006
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 10 ounces dried Turkish figs
- 10 ounces dried Black Mission figs
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- Preheat the oven to 400. Lightly brush a rimmed baking sheet with olive oil. Whisk 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil and 1/4 cup honey in a large bowl. Add 10 ounces each of dried Turkish and Black Mission figs; toss to coat.
- Arrange figs in a single layer on prepared sheet. Sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt. Roast until fragrant and caramelized, 12 to 15 minutes. Immediately loosen figs from sheet with a metal spatula. Let figs cool slightly, loosening again after 5 minutes. Transfer to a platter, and serve with assorted grapes.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.