Martha Louise Stewart's "To-Die-For" Brownies
Yield Makes one 9-by-13-inch pan
- 4 large eggs
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Martha Louise Stewart's Chocolate Icing (http://www.marthastewart.com/255196/martha-louise-stewarts-chocolate-icing)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 9-by-13-inch baking pan; set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat eggs on low speed. Add oil and sugar, beating for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, sift together flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt. Gradually add egg mixture, beating just until combined. Stir in pecans and vanilla.
- Pour batter into prepared baking dish. Bake until edges just start to pull away from pan, about 35 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Spread icing over brownies; allow to set before serving.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.