Sauteed Chicken with Mushrooms and Green Beans
Ready in half an hour: tender chicken cutlets, served with green beans, herbed mushrooms, and a buttery sauce.
Everyday Food, November 2008
- Prep Time 5 minutes
- Total Time 30 minutes
- Serves 4
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken cutlets (about 8)
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 10 ounces white mushrooms, trimmed and quartered
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Set a steamer basket in a large saucepan; fill with enough water to come just below basket. Bring to a boil; add green beans, cover, and reduce to a simmer. Cook until crisp-tender, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Working in batches, cook chicken until opaque throughout, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate, and loosely tent with aluminum foil (reserve skillet).
- Place mushrooms and 1 tablespoon butter in skillet; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms are tender, about 7 minutes. Remove from heat, and stir in remaining 2 tablespoons butter, lemon juice, and parsley. Top chicken with mushrooms, and serve with green beans alongside.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.