Use this mint oil recipe, from chef Frank Stitt's "Bottega Favorita" cookbook, to make his Butter Bean and Mint Pilaf.
The Martha Stewart Show, February Winter 2009
- 1/4 cup coarse salt
- 4 cups loosely packed mint leaves
- 3/4 cup grape-seed or canola oil
- Prepare and ice-water bath; set aside. Bring 4 cups water and salt to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add mint leaves and cook 10 to 15 seconds. Drain, and immediately transfer to ice-water bath to cool. Drain and squeeze dry.
- Place half of the mint leaves in the jar of a blender with enough oil to cover; blend for 2 minutes. Add remaining leaves and oil and blend for 2 minutes more. Transfer to an airtight container and refrigerate overnight.
- Strain mint oil through cheesecloth and discard solids. Oil can be kept in an airtight container, refrigerated, for up to 5 days.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.