This wonderfully whimsical cupcake recipe is courtesy of Karen Tack and can be found in her dessert cookbook "Hello, Cupcake!"
The Martha Stewart Show, April Spring 2008
Yield Makes 24 cupcakes or 8 "ears of corn"
- Vanilla Frosting (http://www.marthastewart.com/254592/vanilla-frosting)
- Yellow liquid food coloring
- 24 Vanilla Cupcakes (http://www.marthastewart.com/254593/vanilla-cupcakes), baked in white paper liners
- 3 1/2 cups small yellow, cream, or white jelly beans, such as Jelly Belly
- 4 pieces yellow fruit chews, such as Laffy Taffys or Starbursts
- 1 tablespoon black decorating sugar
- 1 tablespoon white decorating sugar
- 8 sets of corn holders (optional)
- Color the frosting pale yellow with food coloring.
- Working with 3 cupcakes at a time, frost cupcakes with yellow frosting. Arrange 5 rows of jelly beans, close together, on each cupcake. Place the 3 cupcakes side by side on a corn dish or serving platter to resemble an ear of corn. Repeat process with remaining cupcakes, frosting, and jelly beans.
- Cut the fruit chews into eight 1-inch squares. Soften the edges slightly by hand so that they look like melted butter. Place 1 square on top of each ear of corn. Sprinkle with sugars. Insert a corn holder in the end of each ear of corn, if using. Serve.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.