Hot Pepper Mix and Hot Pepper Bread Crumb Mix
This recipe is from chef Jim Botsacos and is used to make his Roasted Jumbo Prawns.
The Martha Stewart Show, July Summer 2008
Yield Makes enough for 6 servings
- 2 tablespoons Aleppo pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dried Greek oregano, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon fennel seeds, toasted and crushed
- 1 tablespoon crushed dried orange peel
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried mint, crumbled
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil, crumbled
- 1 cup fresh bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Place Aleppo pepper, oregano, fennel seeds, orange peel, mint, and basil in a mortar. Combine ingredients using a pestle. Measure out 3 tablespoons and set aside. The remaining spice mixture is the hot-pepper mix.
- In a medium bowl, combine breadcrumbs, olive oil, parsley, and garlic. Stir in reserved 3 tablespoons hot pepper mix until mixture resembles wet sand. If it does not, add more olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon at a time. This is the pepper-breadcrumb mix.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.