Grilled Corn Salad
This recipe for corn salad is courtesy of chef Emeril Lagasse and goes wonderfully with his Grilled Fish Tacos.
The Martha Stewart Show, April Spring 2008
- 4 ears of corn, in their husks
- 2 jalapeno chiles
- 2 vine-ripened tomatoes, stemmed, seeded, and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 teaspoon very finely chopped garlic
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon mint, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- Place corn in a deep bowl with enough water to cover, place a plate or other heavy waterproof item on top to keep the corn submerged. Let soak for 1 hour.
- Preheat a grill pan over medium heat. Transfer corn to grill and cook, turning, until outer leaves are blackened, 20 to 25 minutes. Place jalapenos on grill and cook, turning occasionally, 5 to 6 minutes. Remove corn and jalapenos from grill and let cool.
- Remove husks and silk from corn; discard. Remove kernels from cob and place in a large bowl. Stem, seed, and finely chop the jalapenos and add to bowl with corn along with tomatoes, onion, garlic, cilantro, mint, lime juice, olive oil, and salt. Stir to combine and serve.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.