Edamame Corn Chowder
Everyday Food, March 2006
- Prep Time 25 minutes
- Total Time 40 minutes
- Yield Serves 4
- 3 slices bacon (4 ounces), cut crosswise into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cans (14 1/2 ounces each) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 red potato (6 ounces), scrubbed and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 2 cups frozen shelled edamame
- 1 can (15 ounces) creamed corn
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- In a large saucepan, cook bacon over medium heat until browned and crisp, 5 to 6 minutes. With a slotted spoon, transfer bacon to paper towels to drain. Pour off all but 1 tablespoon fat from pan.
- Add onion, and cook, stirring occasionally until soft, 4 to 5 minutes. Add broth, potato, and Italian seasoning. Simmer until potato is just tender, about 8 minutes.
- Stir in edamame, creamed corn, and half-and-half; season with salt and pepper. Simmer until edamame are tender, about 8 minutes. Serve chowder sprinkled with crumbled bacon.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.