Dilled Cucumber Salad
Everyday Food, June 2006
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Total Time 25 minutes
- Serves 4
- 2 English cucumbers
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1/3 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh dill, finely chopped, plus dill sprigs for garnish (optional)
- 1 teaspoon red-wine vinegar
- Halve cucumbers lengthwise. With a spoon, scoop out and discard seeds. Slice crosswise into 1/8-inch-thick pieces. Place in a colander set over a bowl, and toss with 2 teaspoons salt; let stand 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine yogurt, dill, vinegar, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Remove cucumbers from colander, and pat dry with paper towels. Add to bowl with yogurt dressing; toss to combine. Garnish with dill sprigs, if desired, and serve.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.