Dill Feta Scramble
Begin each day with an energy-sustaining mix of carbs and protein. Here, a whole-wheat pita is filled with eggs (mostly whites) and a little feta.
Everyday Food, September 2007
- 2 large eggs plus 4 large egg whites
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 ounce feta cheese, crumbled (1/4 cup)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, coarsely chopped, plus more for garnish
- 1 whole-wheat pita (6-inch), halved
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs and egg whites; season with salt and pepper. Whisk in cheese.
- In a small nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-low. Cook eggs, scraping bottom frequently with a flexible heatproof spatula, until just set, 1 to 2 minutes; stir in dill.
- Spoon eggs into pita halves, and garnish with more dill.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.