Baguette with Parmesan and Roasted Garlic
Martha Stewart Living, December 2008
- 2 heads garlic
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 baguette, halved crosswise and torn open lengthwise
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 4 ounces Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees. Cut 1/2 inch off the top of both heads of garlic. Place each garlic head on a separate piece of parchment, and slowly drizzle 1 tablespoon oil on top of each. Wrap parchment tightly around garlic, then wrap each packet in foil. Roast until cloves are tender and golden brown around edges, 30 to 35 minutes.
- Preheat broiler. Brush torn sides of bread with remaining oil. Sprinkle with salt, and season with pepper. Place on a baking sheet, and broil until gold, about 3 minutes.
- Using a vegetable peeler, thinly shave Parmesan. Serve baguette with roasted garlic and shaved Parmesan on the side.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.