Chicken Roll-Ups with Goat Cheese and Arugula
Everyday Food, October 2005
- Prep Time 35 minutes
- Total Time 35 minutes
- Yield Serves 4
- 8 chicken breast cutlets, (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 large bunch arugula, (about 4 ounces), stems trimmed
- 3 ounces soft goat cheese, broken into small pieces
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Season chicken with salt and pepper. On a clean work surface, lay cutlets flat (smooth sides down). Fill and roll: Layer each cutlet with arugula; crumble goat cheese in the center. Starting with the narrow end, roll up chicken tightly; seal with a toothpick.
- In a large nonstick ovenproof skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; swirl to coat bottom of pan. Cook, seam side down, until golden brown, 1 to 2 minutes. Turn chicken.
- Transfer skillet to oven. Cook until chicken is opaque throughout, 10 to 12 minutes. Remove toothpicks, and slice chicken crosswise before serving, if desired.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.